Lemme touch ‘em.
Alright, so I’m back home from Coachella. Here is a short recap in bullet form:
- I would be happy if I never had to drive a car again. It wasn’t a particularly long trip (9-10 hours each way), but I was just so dead tired during each segment — also, Interstate-5 sucks dick when you’re hungry and there aren’t any pit stops for 40 miles.
- I didn’t shower for four days.
- You can live off of granola bars and beer quite easily.
- We missed some big acts the last day due to a drug and alcohol episode that is hilarious now, but at the time probably not so much. No 2-Pac, At the Drive-In, Justice or Nero.
- But I did see: Jeff Magnum (omg), The Black Keys, Pulp, Explosions in the Sky (omg), M83, The Rapture, Atari Teenage Riot (bleh), Other Lives, Dear Hunter, Hello Seahorse!, Radiohead, Bon Iver, The Shins, Feist, Godspeed You! Black Emperor, St. Vincent, AWOLNATION, Azealia Banks (wonderful), Laura Marling, Black Lips, a little of Childish Gambino (not a huge fan), Dragonette, We Were Promised Jetpacks, Le Bucherettes, Lissie, and Metronomy (omg).
- Food was expensive — pizza was $7 a slice, and I don’t even remember how much alcohol was.
- Box wine is the way to go if you want to get day drunk — beer has lost its power on me.
- I walked barefoot with my pant legs rolled down 90% of the time.
- Radiohead’s stage setup was fucking insane.
- No I did not see 2-Pac’s hologram.
- I didn’t get that sun burnt.
- Everyone does drugs except for me, apparently.
- I was the only non-shirtless man at the festival.
- I did not see any bare boobs walking about, it was a big disappointment.
- Everyone camping around us was both really fantastic and douchey as fuck. Really though, I’ve never seen so many rich white kids blasting Skrillex from their car stereos in one place before.
- Crazy wind and storms blew away a lot of tents and canopies, but we were safe.
- I didn’t poop for four days, finally when we ate at a Denny’s after leaving Indio.
- Renting a car is the most stressful thing in the entire world.
- How do high schoolers afford this shit?
- Google maps gave me wrong directions and we first ended up in downtown Hollywood outside a CBS building which was apparently Coachella at 8 a.m.
There are more details but too many to recount. But it was a crazy experience and I’m glad I got to go.
Now, out of the sun and back to the Internet.